Thursday, May 22, 2014

#5 Bike to work for at least one month

If you follow me on Instagram (@niquelle) you know I've been happily biking for a few weeks now!
I got this beaut for Christmas a few years back and as part of my 23 before 24 goals I was able to get her up and running again after a long time off the road.

I have enjoyed biking to work (well, at least one of my 'works') much more than I expected! It's rather invigorating and a ton of fun to ride a bike. After many years of not riding, I guess I just forgot how much fun it really was!

I most often bike on the sidewalks - to decrease my chances of being hit by the lovely (but not-so-observant) drivers around here - and so far, I've done well. I have to admit I was a little nervous the first few times thinking I'd hit a crack in the sidewalk or giant pothole and fly over the handle bars, but praise God I haven't taken a tumble so far. ツ 

I'm not sure if I've logged a full month of biking just yet, but I plan to keep biking until it's too cold so I'm sure I'll get in at least a month by then!

I highly recommend trying to commute somewhere via bike, even for a short period of time.
It's a neat experience that makes you more aware of your surroundings, helps you focus more on each moment that's passing, and isn't half bad for some exercise. 

Here's to accomplishing 19 more things!
-N

No comments:

Post a Comment

Don't be shy! Being able to connect with my readers literally makes my day! I read and reply to all the comments via email if you have it enabled or directly to the comment back on my blog ツ