Monday, July 9, 2012

Moving Announcements

I've been wanting to order "moving announcement" cards for weeks now, but I just couldn't bring myself to spend the $40+ dollars they would cost. I had found some really cute options on Shutterfly which is a great site for photo albums, cards, etc. but for something as small as moving, I just couldn't bring myself to do it. I still wanted to figure something out though, because I love the function they serve of just getting your new address to everyone, minus the overwhelming amount of phone calls or text messages. 

Well, as I was avoiding packing yesterday, I decided to try making my own. 
Here are the two that inspired me:


And here is what I managed to throw together in about an hour:



 Keep in mind, I had big dreams for these little cards, and I do not have any fancy programs - just the good old Microsoft Paint. Well, that and my all time favorite font site. (Seriously, I use it all the time and the fonts are FREE!)


I printed them on white card stock which I had lying around, and I am really happy with how they turned out. In fact, I love them even more than the two that I found online. Oh, and did I mention that the cost of these beauties would only be about $3 if you had to buy your own card stock? Yup.

Wishing I could have graduated with a degree in Graphic Design and Elementary Education...
-N

No comments:

Post a Comment

Don't be shy! Being able to connect with my readers literally makes my day! I read and reply to all the comments via email if you have it enabled or directly to the comment back on my blog ツ