Monday, July 4, 2011

A Godly Woman


My whole live I’ve felt average. I never really excelled in sports, or academics, or anything, instead, I just did what I was supposed to do while growing up, and I got by just fine, but I was average.

Now that I have the creator of everything as my Savior, I don’t think there’s any way that I could feel average anymore. Of course, I still do feel like that at times, we all do because we’re human, but when I stop and really think about it, I want to be as awesome as God sees me, and I want to show the world, myself, and mainly God (even though He already knows it), that I’m far more than average. 

The bible talks about the perfect woman. Not the (slightly unrealistic) “36-24-36” type-woman, but the woman who not only takes care of her home, but also matters of business, her families land, her husband, her children, herself, and most of all, she loves God in the process. Proverbs 31:10-30 describes this woman, and throughout all of the verses it never once mentions a woman who complains, or is selfish, or lazy, but instead a woman who “gets up while it is still night; [and] provides food for her family” and is considered to be, “worth far more than rubies.”

This is the woman, and the wife I aspire to be. Being married almost a year now, I have definitely changed (for the better), but I still have a ton of growth to do. This passage really inspires me to want to be a better woman, one that my husband can always be proud of and one that God can always clearly call His own.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Don't be shy! Being able to connect with my readers literally makes my day! I read and reply to all the comments via email if you have it enabled or directly to the comment back on my blog ツ