Saturday, May 26, 2012

Blog/Life Make-Over

I recently joined Pinterest, and in addition to giving me hundreds of really great and creative ideas, it has also given me the motivation I need to get off my butt and start living life. Not in the "jump out of a plane" sort of way, (although that is on my bucket list), but more in the "make the most of everyday" way. Currently, what that looks like for me is keeping up with the house, applying for jobs, starting to downsize for the move, being a good friend, spending time with God, and overall, not wasting time. I am tired of being tired and lazy and this is my first step toward change. I know I have said something similiar before, in my first post nearly a year ago, but this time I'm going to try harder. And, if I fail, I'll get up and try again.

One thing that I did recently, that was definitely a step in the right direction, was have a cooking date with a dear friend.

Here's a sampling of the delicious Spicy Quinoa Patties my friend Kate and I made the other day.

In addition to eating well, (which actually comes naturally to me), is working-out and getting fit. (Which certainly does not come naturally to me). So, I found this today, and got my work-out on.


I'm going to incorporate this into my daily routine, as well as going to the gym on days that I work (~3x/week). Everything counts, right?

Well, thanks for listening, and if you're still in a rut, get motivated, get inspired, and get out of it already ツ
(If you need more inspiration, check out my friend who is RUNNING across the US to encourage people to be organ donors. Yes, I said running.)

Goodnight! -N

2 comments:

  1. It seems like we are going through similar junctions in life. I'm also tired of just being lazy and uninspired. Your blog, along with some other things I've been reading, have motivated me to get out of this rut I'm in. Thx for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad I could help encourage you. I know it's tough, each day getting into a routine, but you can do it - and we can do it, together. Let me know if there are any other ways I can help keep you motivated =)

    ReplyDelete

Don't be shy! Being able to connect with my readers literally makes my day! I read and reply to all the comments via email if you have it enabled or directly to the comment back on my blog ツ