Sunday, June 17, 2012

Noms

I've been working on getting a family menu together so I don't have to decide on what to make each night (because as we know, I'm exremely indecisive...see my date night jar...) and I'm happy to say that tonight is the first night I cooked something off of the menu!
- Mac & Cheese w/ Broccoli -
Believe it or not, it's only a tad over 300 calories per serving, so if you love mac & cheese, this is a great meal for you to try since you'll be getting a serving of veggies, too. Also, it's super easy, inexpensive, and quick.

In addition to dinner, I made an easy, healthy, (yummy!), dessert. 
Instead of the cheesecake filled strawberries that have been all over pinterest, I cored my strawberries with a baster

and filled them with cool whip (a great low calorie treat to satisfy any sweet-tooth). After I filled them, I put them in the fridge for a few hours to chill - delish!

As I was taking this photo, I realized they could totally
double as Santa hats for a cute Christmas treat  (if you flip them upside down, of course)

Well, I'm now off to have a mini TV marathon with the hubs =)

Happy eating!
-N

No comments:

Post a Comment

Don't be shy! Being able to connect with my readers literally makes my day! I read and reply to all the comments via email if you have it enabled or directly to the comment back on my blog ツ