Monday, August 27, 2012

Leftovers to Riches

... that's how that saying goes, right?

Regardless, did I have a fabulous meal tonight!
Dave has his first day/night of classes today so instead of cooking one of the meals I had planned for the week, I decided to search my fridge for leftovers and random ingredients to make myself dinner. We don't like to waste even the smallest bit of food, so luckily I was able to find leftover:

Grilled Chicken
Basmati Rice, cooked but plain 
& a bit of a Red Onion.

Instantly, my gears started spinning and I grabbed the quarter bag of spinach I had, tossed some olive oil and thinly sliced red onion into a pan to sauté.

Then, I grabbed some balsamic vinegar (a staple in our house), poured it over the basmati rice, and cut up the grilled chicken

I tossed all of that in the microwave to reheat while the spinach finished cooking and finally I mixed it all together on one plate. 

yum. 

Happy Cooking!
-N

No comments:

Post a Comment

Don't be shy! Being able to connect with my readers literally makes my day! I read and reply to all the comments via email if you have it enabled or directly to the comment back on my blog ツ