Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Home Sweet Home (1 of 3)

Since we've been in our new place for almost a month now, I figured I would dedicate a few posts to an apartment tour, as promised. I decided to break it up into a few different posts so they won't be too photo heavy or (let's be honest) too word heavy either. 

It seems appropriate to start in the entryway & living room/dining room which is the first area of the apartment you walk into.

(Sorry in advance for the poor picture quality... all photos were shot with my iPhone because my DSLR is still broken...)


Our beautiful hideous periwinkle couch.

This lovely lady was painted with watercolors by a local artist. 

Those flowers are actually from my grandmas funeral. I dried them for a few months and then put them in my favorite wine bottle. They dried really beautifully... this picture doesn't do them much justice.

I like to decorate with items that have meaning or story behind them. It really helps make a place feel like home, and gives the opportunity for some great conversations with guests.

Well, there you have 1/3 of our apartment.
 Keep an eye out for the kitchen & bathroom post coming next.

Ta-ta for now,
-N


No comments:

Post a Comment

Don't be shy! Being able to connect with my readers literally makes my day! I read and reply to all the comments via email if you have it enabled or directly to the comment back on my blog ツ