Tuesday, February 26, 2013

Making Prayer a Priority

I had a bit of a revelation today. 

As I mentioned in my last post, I am inspired by 1 Thessalonians 5:16-18 which reminds us to pray continually. Way easier said than done, right? 

Why?

Is it because we don't make time to pray? We don't set aside "x" minutes each morning or night? We don't remember? We don't care? We don't think it makes a difference? 

Well, it does. 
And it's important. 
And I think we should all aspire to pray more.

So, starting today I am doing something life-changing. Right when I say I am going to pray for someone or right when I think of something I need (patience, healing, opportunities, etc.) I am going to pray about it. 

It isn't going to be a long, fancy prayer. Just a quick "tweet" to God, if you will. 

Just thinking about the amount of times per day I complain, or feel weak or needy, I'll basically already be praying continually! (If you have any other tips for chronic complainers like myself, they'd be appreciated. It's always the small things... Why is my parking spot taken? Why did I get stuck at this red light? How pathetic!)

Part of this idea - I think - comes from something I read in an old Relevant issue yesterday.
It was an interview with Bob Goff where he mentioned that he never makes appointments. If someone calls and says, "Can we meet Tuesday at 3?" He just responds with "how about now?"

I challenge you (as I am challenging myself) to start praying more.

How about now?
-N

2 comments:

Don't be shy! Being able to connect with my readers literally makes my day! I read and reply to all the comments via email if you have it enabled or directly to the comment back on my blog ツ