Tuesday, March 26, 2013

Strawberry Banana Goodness

I'm currently on Spring Break (from work). There are a few inches of snow on the ground, (need I remind mother nature it is almost APRIL!) And I am drinking a smoothie.

And I'm actually enjoying every minute of it. 

 Lately I've been discovering some lovely new blogs, catching up on some reading, and of course, drinking yummy smoothies. I've also been working on my 13 in '13 (the beginning of the month was rough - but more on that Friday!)

Anyway, here's a quick recipe to make a delicious smoothie!

What you'll need:
 1 cup strawberries, cubed
1 banana, sliced
5 milk cubes (or 1/4 cup-1/2 cup milk) - depending on how thick you'd like it
1 dash of honey powder

I prefer to use 2% milk (instead of H2O) so instead of ice cubes, I just freeze my own milk cubes

 Just throw it all in the blender - purée for several seconds - and enjoy!

-N

2 comments:

  1. This looks delicious! I love strawberry banana flavored smoothies. I have never heard of honey powder, can you get it at any grocery store?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm not sure if they sell it at the grocery store... I bought mine at a great spice shop in NC and I know they ship (http://www.savoryspiceshop.com/spices/honeypdr.html).

    Since it's a powder, it's great for making dry rubs and such. But I also use it daily in teas and smoothies.

    ReplyDelete

Don't be shy! Being able to connect with my readers literally makes my day! I read and reply to all the comments via email if you have it enabled or directly to the comment back on my blog ツ