Monday, March 25, 2013

Weekend Update

I can't believe it's Monday already!
Despite the weekdays dragging on, the weekends seem to fly by.
 Time sure is a funny thing.

Anyway, this weekend was interesting. 

Friday night Dave and I went on an impromptu dinner date to The Cheesecake Factory (courtesy of my in-laws, thanks guys!) It's easily one of our favorite places to eat, because they have so many dang options & such scrumptious cheesecake!

Then, we caught up on The Office.
It was a pretty standard (but always enjoyable) Friday evening.

Saturday was a beautiful day. It was sunny, warm, and all around wonderful. 
Dave and I took a very long walk (3+ miles!) around our town and explored some new places. 

I also took a ton of pictures of him. 
Partly for an Instagram project but mostly because I really wanted to go exploring with him and be outside on this magical day (before the snow hit).



Sunday was kind of the opposite of Saturday. It was cold, boring, and not really a great day. 
For no reason in particular Dave and I seemed to be a bit off and generally grumpy. (Probably because we spent the day cleaning, and the weather was cruddy.) Also, we're human and we get grumpy sometimes, so there's that.

Regardless, we spent last night playing a game and watching some Netflix to cheer us up. 
Naturally, it worked! 
(Can anyone stay cranky while playing a game with their best friend? I think not.) 

Oh, and today I had a meeting about various ways I will be volunteering for CPJ and I'm super excited about it! - I know, I know it's not the weekend but I wanted to share
 
How was your weekend?

I'd really love to make this into a blog-hop... so comment if you're interesting in getting involved! Also, this week I will be posting about an awesome Easter tradition Dave and I enjoy doing, so keep an eye out for that!

-N

No comments:

Post a Comment

Don't be shy! Being able to connect with my readers literally makes my day! I read and reply to all the comments via email if you have it enabled or directly to the comment back on my blog ツ