Monday, April 15, 2013

Weekend Update

I must say, I really do enjoy my weekends.

Friday was lovely.  After work(/school) Dave and I went for a run, lounged around, ate dinner, and caught up on The Office & Parks and Rec (my favorite sitcom!) Then we did our own thing - he did homework, I blogged - the usual. Oh, and I took a bubble bath. Aren't they just the best?

Anyway, Saturday was quite eventful. I finally found a place to get my eyebrows waxed (I know, breaking news!) and although she didn't do them quite the same, the left one looks wonderful! and I can pencil in the right one to make it even... so that's okay.

Then, I had an interview at Anthropologie which went really well. When I got home later that afternoon I had an email for a second interview. (Prayers are welcome! I'd really love to lock down this second part-time job!) So I'm super excited for that. I also went out with two lovely ladies and walked around town. It was nice to catch up with friends and be outside. I love being outside.

Later I played around with some watercolors. I think they're so relaxing. I was inspired while taking my bubble bath to experiment with soap and watercolors and I thought the effect was so neat!
I also doodled a bit - because who doesn't love doodling? 
I want to make the little cloud into a card or poster that says, "Happy Clouds Make Happy Rain"
I'm probably the only person who would buy the card, but I don't care. I think it's cute.

Sunday was pretty great, too. After church Dave and I went to a free lecture at an incredible local stationary store. They brought in a wonderful illustrator/graphic designer, Shelley Barnes who shared about the creative process and sketched up these fun images for us!
It was really helpful to hear her tips about the creative process & I will definitely be putting them into use for my future Etsy shop!
 
Then I went for a bike ride around our neighborhood (yes, I felt like I was 10 again!) And just enjoyed the rest of the evening in, while Dave finished up some schoolwork. (Getting your PhD sure is a lot of work!)

I'm so thankful for this Spring weather & another lovely weekend!
What did you do this weekend?
-N

No comments:

Post a Comment

Don't be shy! Being able to connect with my readers literally makes my day! I read and reply to all the comments via email if you have it enabled or directly to the comment back on my blog ツ