Sunday, May 12, 2013

Mother's Day | May Challenge - Day 12 | And my 100th post!

First and foremost, I want to take a moment to wish my beautiful mommy a very happy Mother's day!

I've said it a lot lately, but being a single mom definitely isn't a job for the faint of heart.
I am so thankful that my mom raised me on her own, with great morals & values, and she is always there to support and encourage me. (Unfortunately I see people with two parents who can't manage to do all of that.) She was such a selfless mom who was always home to make me dinner, always saved her money to take me back "back to school shopping" and always gave me a shoulder to cry on and an ear to talk to.

Although we're separated by more than 400 miles today (and most days since we live in different states...) I hope that she knows that I love her and think about her every single day.

I will always be thankful for the wonderful mother that she is, has been, and will be to me.
I love you, Mommy!
____________________________________________

Now that I've got all that out, day 12's prompt is 'what do you miss?' and to be honest, there aren't many things I miss. There are many things I dream about doing in the future, and I fear that I'll miss my opportunity or chances to do these various things - but generally I'm pretty content about my present and I don't really think about too many things from my past.

That said, I do miss those days when I was a kid and I would spend all day outside with friends.
There are few things I enjoy more than enjoying the warmth of the sun on my skin with some good friends and good fun. I love running around, riding bikes, playing with the hose, climbing trees, playing kickball, picking flowers... I could go on.
 
  ____________________________________________

Lastly (and probably least - but it's something I'm proud of) this is my 100th post!!
WOOHOO!

I started this blog two summer ago and although I started it will great intentions, I often completely let it fall by the wayside. I would go through small surges of active blogging, but not until recently (the beginning of this year) did I taking it more seriously and start using it as a tool of accountability.

For this accomplishment, I share with you something that makes me smile.
And adorable camera-loving giraffe.
kTNYLX3
Click for video
Hope you're having a great day!
-N

No comments:

Post a Comment

Don't be shy! Being able to connect with my readers literally makes my day! I read and reply to all the comments via email if you have it enabled or directly to the comment back on my blog ツ