Saturday, August 3, 2013

Simple Summer Salad

Since it's August already (how did that happen?) I wanted to share one of our favorite summer salads that's super easy to make and incredibly tasty!  

It's also makes a great side for a BBQ, a quick fix for a lazy summer evening, or a light lunch
Here's what you'll need:
2 cucumbers, very thinly sliced
2 or 3 vine tomatoes, cubed
1/2 Vidalia Onion, very thinly sliced
2/3 cup olive oil
1/2 cup lemon juice
2 tbsp white vinegar
salt, pepper, and dill weed to taste
Feta (optional)

It's best made a day before you plan to eat it so everything can really marinate, but it's so tasty you might find yourself sneaking a few bites right after you make it! (No judging here.)

Enjoy and let me know if you try it!
-N

No comments:

Post a Comment

Don't be shy! Being able to connect with my readers literally makes my day! I read and reply to all the comments via email if you have it enabled or directly to the comment back on my blog ツ