Tuesday, September 17, 2013

So Long Sweet Summer

This past weekend Dave and I soaked up every last bit of the beautiful warm summer weather.

We went on a (long overdue) picnic, relaxed under a clear blue sky, meandered through a museum, played volleyball with strangers, then enjoyed 9-holes of disc golf, and came home to a tasty surprise.
We had sandwiches (or "sammies" as Tom Haverford calls them), sour cream & onion chips, a favorite salad, pickles, and fruit salad. All in that adorable picnic basket my mother-in-law got us!
 Then we just laid there. In the warm sun. It was glorious.
Then we went here,
 and admired this guy's artwork.
(Here's a sample - not my photo)
It is an incredibly detailed and thought-filled collage of Van Gogh's famous piece, Wheat Field with Cypresses. It was breath-taking. 

After that, we headed to our favorite coffee shop to welcome the on-coming fall season with a pumpkin spice latte for me, and a caramel latte for the fella.
Yum.

We headed home - decided we hadn't gotten our fill of the perfect weather - and went back out.

We were invited to play volleyball with strangers (who were very kind - I am very bad at volleyball).
We tossed a few discs around, and then called it a day. 

We came home to this package from my aunt:
It, too, is an indicator of the on-coming season, and a personal favorite treat.

I knew what it was the second I saw it.
Ah, what a wonderful way to end the day.
And summer.

How are you spending the last days of summer?
-N

1 comment:

  1. Oh my goodness, that looks like an absolutely perfect day! Great way to officially end summer :-)

    ReplyDelete

Don't be shy! Being able to connect with my readers literally makes my day! I read and reply to all the comments via email if you have it enabled or directly to the comment back on my blog ツ