Monday, August 13, 2012

Catch-Up

We're officially all moved in and (almost) all unpacked! It has been a busy, crazy, fun, & tiring past few weeks but we're finally settling in to our new home in Pittsburgh and enjoying what's left of our summer before I start working as a nanny for two boys and Dave starts his PhD program! We're really enjoying our new neighborhood, the city, and all the kind people we've meet - but I think we love our apartment and the location we chose, best of all. 

In addition to moving, well before moving actually, we had a lovely vacation in beautiful North Carolina. I had mentioned some of our pre-NC adventures here but boy, does this vacation deserve an individual shout out. We flew down with my family, to stay in my moms house, and besides the eating marathon I participated in all week (not literally, but probably close), we did a ton of awesome things. We took a trip to Asheville to visit the Biltmore Estate, toured gardens, went to a winery, and had a picnic -just Dave and I- and as you can see there was a checkered blanket, a basket, and ants (though you probably can't see them in the photo) 
I do have another half of a face, and no, Dave isn't winking - it was quite sunny 
We also went to the U.S. National Whitewater Center where we went whitewater rafting, kayaking, rock climbing, zip-lining, obstacle course climbing, and even managed to find time to eat again. (Like I said, we did that a lot.)

Later in the week we went to a fabulous restaurant where, yup, you guessed it, we ate some more!
Thankfully I was able to squeeze in a run and a couple of walks during the week as well. 

Best of all, we were able to spend some quality time with both of our families! 

I'll be posting some pictures of our new place and sharing more of the perks about living in Pitt, so keep an eye out!

Until then,
-N

No comments:

Post a Comment

Don't be shy! Being able to connect with my readers literally makes my day! I read and reply to all the comments via email if you have it enabled or directly to the comment back on my blog ツ