Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Home Sweet Home (3 of 3)

Sorry for the wait, but this past weekend was filled with about 20 hours of driving and two weddings in different states. Although it was a very tiring weekend, (that flew by!), Dave and I were very grateful to be a part of such love-filled, God-centered, beautiful weddings.

Now I am excited to share with you the final part of our apartment tour, our bedroom:

That amazing paper crane sculpture was created by our friend, Emily. She gave it to us for our first anniversary gift last year, and we love it so much that we needed to hang it somewhere we could see and appreciate it each day.


How do you make a PhD students' textbooks and scholarly papers look nice on a bookshelf you ask? 
Well, I'm still not totally sure, but I did give it my best effort.


On the other hand, my bookshelf was pretty easy, and I love how it turned out!


Just a peek at the hubby's side of the bed. He found a perfect spot for his guitars, and a painting by one of my oldest friends, James. He is a very talented artist, and I highly recommend you check out his work.


Finally, our desk (we're sharing one, for the first time ever... wish us luck) with the coolest chair -circa 1960- which was a gift from a my high school mentor.

Again, I urge you to decorate using pieces that have meaning and stories behind them! It makes even a small, white-wall, city apartment feel like home.

I hope you enjoyed a peek at our apartment. Check back often for new DIY projects and tips that I share as we continue to make our apartment our home.
-N

No comments:

Post a Comment

Don't be shy! Being able to connect with my readers literally makes my day! I read and reply to all the comments via email if you have it enabled or directly to the comment back on my blog ツ