Saturday, November 17, 2012

Our Friday Night

Sometimes Dave and I play games, other times we watch Netflix, we may even go out on a date, but last night, we did...
Calculus.

I. kid. you. not. 

See, I have photographic evidence!
Let me start by saying that I asked for this.
 For those of you who don't know, my husband is a SUPER math nerd (the cute kind, obviously), and he is getting his PhD in Industrial Engineering. I've always enjoyed math, and been pretty good at it, but I surely cannot keep up with him and all of this theory based work. So, in an effort to better myself & connect more with him and his love for math, I asked him to teach me calculus. 

Last night we started with the basics (some of which I remembered from high school, go me!) and in the weeks to come he will be teaching me a few nights a week.

Sounds thrilling, right?
haha

I guess you can say we're both pretty nerdy, and I'm perfectly okay with that  

All that to say, if you're looking for a way to connect more with your spouse or even just a good friend, try doing something with them that you wouldn't usually do. Teach each other something, share a favorite hobby, do something different. 

Chances are you'll learn something new and grow closer together in the process. 

Your resident Mrs. Nerd,
-N

No comments:

Post a Comment

Don't be shy! Being able to connect with my readers literally makes my day! I read and reply to all the comments via email if you have it enabled or directly to the comment back on my blog ツ