Monday, March 4, 2013

Bits from today

I knew it was going to be a great day when the clouds finally parted and I saw the blue sky I've missed so badly. We've had nothing but grey skies and flurries for weeks now, so this was a very welcomed change.

I decided the second I saw the clear sky that regardless of the temperature, I was going for a walk. I needed to feel the fresh air & the warm sun on my skin. I put on my new shoes (did I mention I bought 2 pair yesterday for $50?! Shop local y'all!) and headed down toward the city.


Along the way I snapped a few photos, soaked up the sun, stopped for a dark chocolate hot cocoa (it was only 30 degrees after all), and picked some darling little flowers to press.

Once I was home I opened up my new compost bin from FAB which I am super excited about!
I've done a bunch of research about the best ways to compost while living in an apartment and this seemed to be the best option for us.

  
It's compact, fits in our freezer door (which eliminates any odor issues), and comes with 25 compostable bags. (Future boxes of 25 bags cost $5 on Amazon).
 I'm thrilled to finally be saving tons of organic materials from landfills. My hope is that I can get some of my friends/family to jump on board, too! (Who knows, maybe I can even create a local compost & community garden... a girl can dream!)


Today was such wonderful day - I can't wait to see what tomorrow brings!
-N

No comments:

Post a Comment

Don't be shy! Being able to connect with my readers literally makes my day! I read and reply to all the comments via email if you have it enabled or directly to the comment back on my blog ツ