Monday, April 22, 2013

Weekend Update

Here's the break-down of how I spent my weekend.

Friday; I think I should just officially declare Friday "Office/Parks & Rec catch-up night"... That's basically all we do. Well, that and eat. And cuddle.
That said, I enjoyed Friday & always do.
I think just lounging around at home is a great way to wind down from the week.

Oh, and I also found out that I got the part-time job at Anthropologie! (As my friend Kate said, I'm going to look so hip!) Although I would still love a full-time teaching job, I'm excited for this opportunity to work for such an amazing company, as well as interact with people over the age of four. (I love the boys and all, but adult conversations are important, too.)

Saturday was fun & different. I did random errands and went for a run in the early afternoon, but in the evening we went to a "meet your neighbor" cocktail party that our church oversees, but individuals from our church host. I have said it before, but I'll say it again, the amount of community (and global) involvement our church has is impressive. It was such a great way to meet new people, venture to a new - but local - neighborhood, and share some hors d'oeuvres with new friends! 

I brought "caprese pops" (inspired by pinterest of course) and they were a big hit.
Plus, they looked adorable.
 They were simple to assemble, but the tricky part was crafting something to stand them in. Instead of searching/wasting money on styrofoam (which is probably the easiest option) I layered pieces of cardboard in these cute servers I had. It worked well, and was free. Bam.

All you need is:
Grape Tomatoes
Small or "pearl" mozzarella balls
Balsamic Reduction
Tooth Picks
(Make sure to drizzle the balsamic reduction on top right before you serve them)

Sunday was lovely, too! After church we caught-up with some friends, went out for pancakes, made fruit kabobs (apparently I like to eat my food on sticks...) and then had a bbq & bonfire at a friends house! It was so great to sit down for dinner with friends again. For the last few weeks everyone has been so busy with work/schoolwork/life that it's be hard to get together but I'm so glad we were finally able to make it happen.

It's days like these that get me really excited for summer.
What did you do this weekend?
-N

No comments:

Post a Comment

Don't be shy! Being able to connect with my readers literally makes my day! I read and reply to all the comments via email if you have it enabled or directly to the comment back on my blog ツ