Wednesday, May 1, 2013

May Challenge - Day 1

I am so excited to join Jenni for the Blog Every Day in May Challenge.
I have been looking for some new inspiration lately, and I know this is going to be a fun and thoughtful way to get inspired to share more with y'all.
 
Today is the first challenge and although it's a bit late - better late than never, right?

The story of your life in 250 words or less 
I was born an only child to a super-hero single mother on Long Island, New York. We laughed a lot, moved a lot, loved a lot, fought and cried (just a bit), dreamed a lot, ate and cooked a lot, sang a lot, and prayed a lot.  Then during my first year of high school we settled down into a home with her caring and generous boyfriend (who is the closest thing I have to a dad.) A few years passed, I didn’t get into any of my dream schools and I ended up going to Arcadia University because they gave me some great scholarships (and they have a castle). Within the first few days I met the man I would marry, within the first year I gave my life to Christ and was freed from sin and death, and I had no idea what I wanted to “do” with my life. (But God does.) Fast forward just a bit, I married my wonderful, caring, loving, goofy, intelligent, handsome husband the summer going into our junior year of college. (I was 19, he was 20). Fast-forward a couple more years, we both graduate (I, with a degree in teaching – He, with a degree in Math) and we move to Pittsburgh so he can pursue his dream of getting a PhD. in I.E. and I can support him and try to find a job teaching. We are head over heels in love; grateful for the many blessings we have received, and excited to see what God has in store!

(Okay, so it’s 258 words… but who’s counting? Also, can anyone tell theirs in "less"?? If so, how? Teach me your ways!)
-N

Join the fun!
And don't forget to follow me via bloglovin' 

1 comment:

  1. This is an exciting challenge! I had so fun reading about u!
    :) Liz @ www.rusticpeach.com

    ReplyDelete

Don't be shy! Being able to connect with my readers literally makes my day! I read and reply to all the comments via email if you have it enabled or directly to the comment back on my blog ツ