Thursday, May 16, 2013

May Challenge - Day 16

Something difficult about your "lot in life" and how you're working to overcome it

I've had my fair share of ups and downs - as we all have - but I am also very blessed.

One of my faults (which you'll hear more about on 'Day 24') is how often I complain. I really shouldn't be complaining nearly as much, or really at all, but I do and it's something I am aware of and working on. That said, the first half of this post may seem like a complaint, but I am working on resolving it and I think that's at least a good start.

Something I have really been struggling with my whole life is discovering my gift(s).
My first blog, titled "Jackie of All Trades", was a way for me to embrace the idea of being sort of talented in many areas, and not quite great at any one.

I changed the name of my blog - and part of my thinking - because I didn't want to be stuck in the idea that I wasn't gifted something, unique in a way to me, and that I was just okay all around.
I think that's boring. And I'd like to hope that God has a bigger plan for me.

Recently, I've been doing a lot of soul searching (and whining and crying... shout out to my wonderful hubby for putting up with me!) partly because I am not employed as a full-time teacher (and I've let that get to me) and partly because I'm still not sure what I'm totally passionate about.

A few days ago, though, I think I realized it.

I'll keep you posted with any further developments!
-N

No comments:

Post a Comment

Don't be shy! Being able to connect with my readers literally makes my day! I read and reply to all the comments via email if you have it enabled or directly to the comment back on my blog ツ