Tuesday, May 7, 2013

May Challenge - Day 7

The thing(s) you are most afraid of...

I try really hard not to get caught up in worrying and being afraid - but of course I sometimes fear things like losing my husband or my mother.

As I think about this prompt, though, I think that I'm more afraid (or at least lately) of not leaving a mark on the world. I don't mean I hope that someone builds a statue of me someday after I've passed, but instead, I hope that when people think of me, they see a bit of Jesus and his love and grace.

I worry sometimes that I am just going through life as a nice person or occasional push-over and that's not who Jesus was. He stood up for his beliefs and he spoke out about God and His love.

I'm afraid I don't do that enough - at least not in person - and I hope and pray that I can do something great in the name of God, before I die.

I mentioned Bob Goff in my last post, and he is definitely someone that inspires me to want to go out and do more. But I just don't know how. I feel like I can't just up and leave my wonderful husband and serve in Africa for a month - and I also feel like when I try to serve where I am (unless it's a structured/planned event) people don't really respond to me.

Do anyone have any words of insight? 
I'd love to hear your thoughts and suggestions!
-N


No comments:

Post a Comment

Don't be shy! Being able to connect with my readers literally makes my day! I read and reply to all the comments via email if you have it enabled or directly to the comment back on my blog ツ