Wednesday, April 3, 2013

Life Hacks

So, not to toot my own horn or anything, but I'm pretty innovative and creative when it comes fashioning something out of nothing. I like to channel this to create simple solutions to my daily/household needs. You want a cute place to hang your paper clips? Done. A chess set made out of masking tape? You got it. A place to hide your sponges? Check.
Some call me Lady MacGyver.

Okay, no one actually calls me that, but I do have a few life hacks "MacGyered" by yours truly.

Keep your tooth paste rolled-up as it's running out
I try to waste as little as possible in all aspects of my life (except when it comes to time, but I think that's a challenge for most people lol) Anyway,  I'm always looking to get the last drop out of things, and that includes toothpaste. I hate just rolling up the tube because it inevitably gets unrolled, and squished, so I came up with this clever solution.

Store your plastic bags in an easily accessible way
I think I came up with this on my own, but I also could have read it in a Real Simple issue. Either way, super handy (no pun intended) and quite compact. (In case you can't tell, it's a tissue box.)

Hide those ugly tooth brushes
No offense to anyone who loves the look of tooth brushes, but I think oral hygiene products are far from aesthetically pleasing. I know most people store them on the bathroom counter in some container but not only did we not have any space when we moved into our new apartment, but like I said, they're ugly and kind of gross (since no one ever really cleans them and the moisture just sits at the bottom. ew.) 
This small container (part of a desk organizing set, actually) lives on the inside of our bathroom vanity door. It has a lip around the side that fits well into two small command hooks. (It also hangs well on c-hooks - that's what we have in our kitchen cabinet to hold our sponges.) It's super easy to set up, holds a bunch of stuff, and can be tossed in the dishwasher to ensure cleanliness!

I hope you can use these tricks to help make your life a little bit easier
What are some things that are uniquely "you" about your house and how you function?

I'd love to hear some!
-N

No comments:

Post a Comment

Don't be shy! Being able to connect with my readers literally makes my day! I read and reply to all the comments via email if you have it enabled or directly to the comment back on my blog ツ